Trinitatis Church

Foto: SoS.WebApplication.Models.IntegrationBroker.Attractions.File?.Photographer
Fotos

Beschrijving

The Trinity Church was inaugurated in 1656 and consecrated as a church for the professors and students of the University. Today it serves as an ordinary parish church.

The name stems from the Holy Trinity, but it also points to the fact that, in conjunction with the Round Tower, this construction served as a church, observatory and university library.

The church interior was heavily damaged during the great fire of 1728, and the present construction goes back to the rebuilding in 1731.

Confirmation of Søren Kierkegaard

In 1829, Søren Kierkegaard was confirmed in Trinitatis Church because the Church of Our Lady was burned down. The minister, who confirmed Kierkegaard, was years later one of his biggest critics.

There are church services every Sunday at 10:30 and there are further activities such as students mass and night church.

The Trinity Church was inaugurated in 1656 and consecrated as a church for the professors and students of the University. Today it serves as an ordinary parish church.

The name stems from the Holy Trinity, but it also points to the fact that, in conjunction with the Round Tower, this construction served as a church, observatory and university library.

The church interior was heavily damaged during the great fire of 1728, and the present construction goes back to the rebuilding in 1731.

Confirmation of Søren Kierkegaard

In 1829, Søren Kierkegaard was confirmed in Trinitatis Church because the Church of Our Lady was burned down. The minister, who confirmed Kierkegaard, was years later one of his biggest critics.

There are church services every Sunday at 10:30 and there are further activities such as students mass and night church.

The Trinity Church is part of the 17th-century Trinitatis Complex, which includes the Round Tower astronomical observatory tower and the Copenhagen University Library, in addition to the church.

In 1829, Søren Kierkegaard was confirmed in Trinity Church because the Church of Our Lady was burned down. The minister, who confirmed Kierkegaard, was years later one of his biggest critics.

On Sundays the church is open only for mass at 10:30.

The name stems from the Holy Trinity, but it also points to the fact that, in conjunction with the Round Tower, this construction served as a church, observatory and university library.

The church interior was heavily damaged during the great fire of 1728, and the present construction goes back to the rebuilding in 1731.

In 1829, Søren Kierkegaard was confirmed in Trinitatis Church because the Church of Our Lady was burned down. The minister, who confirmed Kierkegaard, was years later one of his biggest critics.

There are church services every Sunday at 10:30 and there are further activities such as students mass and night church.

The Trinity Church was inaugurated in 1656 and consegrated as a church for the professors and students of the University. Today it serves as ordinary parish church.

Train
Nørreport Station

Bus
5A 6A 14 350S

 

Trinitatis Church | Church | VisitCopenhagen

The Trinity Church was inaugurated in 1656 and consecrated as a church for the professors and students of the University. Today it serves as an ordinary parish church. 

{{$t(variables.showDescription ? 'general.$readLess' : 'general.$readMore')}}

Grondgebied

Adres Pilestræde 67
1112 København K
Bekijk alles in dit gebied

Informatie

Openingstijden

20. jan 22 / 31. dec 22
maandag, dinsdag, woensdag, donderdag, vrijdag, zaterdag
09:30 - 16:30
20. jan 22 / 31. dec 22
zondag
09:30 - 12:30

Faciliteiten en onderwerpen

Town church

Coördinaten

Lengte: 55.681540548
Breedtegraad: 12.576084136

Trinitatis Church

Adres Pilestræde 67 
1112 København K
T 3337 6540
kordegn@rundetaarn.dk